Monday, November 12, 2007

Wow, I missed two days in a row!

I missed posting this weekend.  Of course, we were at my In-Laws house, and they don’t really have internet.  Well,  they have dial up, but it is such a pain to use other people’s computers!  I am nut using that as an excuse, I just felt the need to put that out there.

 

We went to Nebraska for a wedding on Friday.  Or, well, it was actually just a wedding reception.  It was nice.  Even nicer was that they had a place for me to go feed the baby that wasn’t in a ca or bathroom.  (At least not directly)  The reception center had a bride’s room.  It was a bathroom with a couple of stalls, (one of which was huge, for fitting in the bride and her dress and maybe helper) and a little sitting area with a couch.  It would have been great, except despite the fact that the room was labeled brides room, more people than the wedding party were using it as the bathroom.  I guess that is what happens when the actual bathroom is like half a mile from the reception room.  The design of the room, and décor of the hall in general also left a lot to be desired.  The whole building was painted gray, with black vinyl baseboard.  I guess that is suppoed to be elegant, but to me everything just looked dingy.  The layout of the bride’s room also left a lot to be desired.  The sitting area was maybe 7-8 feet wide and 12 feet long, and when you open the door from the hallway, you see right into the room.  (As a result, when I was feeding the baby every time the door opened I was on display for all to see, if they were looking hard enough)  As a designer myself, I think it could have been done much better.  Of course, they were probably limited by the frugality (I really mean cheapness) of the owners. That tends to happen (a lot) in the world of Architecture.

No comments: