Friday, May 30, 2008

Today is the big day!

Hubby's sister is getting married today! The wedding is at 5:30, but this place has been chaotic since about 9 this morning. Two of the siblings are staying at another one's house this week, and between the three families, there are 8 kids, so it is a madhouse! Right now, I have bright pink fingernails and toenails, to go with the dresses the bridesmaids are wearing. I am not a bridesmaid, but the dress I bought is almost the same color as their's... not that I will ever wear a bright pink dress ever again. Really. Apparent;y the wedding colors are Raspberry and Champagne. Kind of makes me think of Steel Magnolias, with her Blush and Bashful shades of pink. In this case, I would say the raspberry is more of a fuchsia, no raspberry. Oh well. People probably thought my red was too much also... :) I'll have to post pics of the dresses later.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I went to a Raspberry and Terra Cotta wedding once. It was like pink and orange - cool but not something I would ever pick. :)

Anonymous said...

I got married in scarlet myself. It was FUN. Best wishes for the wedding.

(here via NaComLeavMo - warning, my blog v. depressing at the moment)

Momma Mary said...

Your RED was nice! My mom and I talked about how pretty everything was!!

And that we were glad that the dude running up and down the hallway didn't actually "pop any caps" in anyone's you-know-what's.

:)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes on my blog! Hope you had fun at the wedding!
...NCLM

Christy said...

Hope you had a great time at the wedding, and I'll check back to see pictures!

Just visiting from NCLM . . ..

Panamahat said...

Here from NCLM. I hope you had a lot of fun at the wedding, and looked as good as you sounded! Look forward to the pics...

DC said...

I hope the wedding was fun! Can't wait to see the pics! :)

Momma Mary said...

You so need to update this! I'm to you on the NCLM list! :)

Hope things are going well and that the Fin is doing well!!

Mara said...

I hope you had a great time at the wedding! Can't wait to see the pics either!

(NCLM)

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

dropping by for NaComLeavMo - Hi!

I hope you enjoy this wonderful day. And the comments about Steel Magnolias have me laughing over here. :)