Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Year old, big head, no words.

So a few weeks ago we had little man's 12 month check up. He was at 22lb 9 oz, 29.5 inches tall and his head was a whopping 49.5 cm. That is 19.5 inches. The nurse took the measurements, and told us our percentiles, (about 50th for height and weight, above 97 for Head circumference) When the doctor came in, she seemed a little concerned about his head, so she measured it again. And got a BIGGER measurement. She said they will need to monitor that. I guess it can be a bad thing.
Everything else the the appointment went pretty well, his iron level was a little low, so he has to have vitamins. The Dr was also a little concerned that he doesn't really have any words. I mean, he talks all the time, I just don't know what he is saying. Daddy is convinced that he calls his binky mama. I keep telling him, I am mama, not the binky. Now, almost a month later, I think he is starting to get it. He also says something that sounds like, "I can get it" or "I can do it," which is most commonly used when we try to feed him.

1 comment:

Momma Mary said...

I used to think I was 'making up' that James was saying stuff... Be I so wasn't... :) Just be warned.. that whole talking thing.. we're starting it now. Little Monster. Won't. Shut. Up. That's only a problem becasue I have NO idea what he's saying.. He may as well be speaking chinese. ;)