Monday, April 28, 2008

And the water keeps going up...

Well folks, it is very exciting here in Davenport, as we watch the Mississippi River rise up out of its banks and flood downtown. This is the first time since I've lived here that the river has been this high, and I'll admit, I really just want to stop the car and rubberneck. It's not really that exciting to watch, but I have this gross facination with it. I don't really understand. The husband says that currently they are predicting that the river will get to 19.5 feet. That will be in the top 10 floods on record for the area. And it is supposed to rain/snow tonight, which won't help either.

Here are some links to pictures/articles:

Downtown calm as Mississippi nears 19-foot mark

River levels

Breaking news - The Quad City times

If I can, I'll try to take some of my own at some point. They aren't really letting people downtown though.

2 comments:

Momma Mary said...

How is the Hubs getting to work? Doesn't he have to go through that area??

Anyways... I posted this on my site too, but I don't know if you read the comments... soooo

I said I wouldn't POST, I didn't say anything about COMMENTING! ha ha ha ha! Term Limits in Nebraska... Well, we all know how I feel about Mr. Ernie Chambers. I often wonder if term limits weren't voted in BECAUSE of him. :) I wouldn't doubt it. Mr. Ernie Chambers will NO Longer be able to annoy the squat out of Nebraskans because the man is OUTTA THERE next year! 2009 baby! 2009!

Vanessa said...

He does, and actually so do I, but they have built a levee at the base of the bridge we go over and it keeps the Mississippi off the steet. Darn, I was hoping for some time off... he!